Monday, November 18, 2013

DC Baby



Saturday morning at the Capitol.....my feet were toast at this point
We went on our second road trip in our car, Mr. Belvedere, this past weekend! We rolled into DC on Friday afternoon and left on Sunday morning and man was that trip needed. EH was feeling a little burned out on the job and I just love traveling so you know I was down to go.

We got turned around a bunch once we entered DC. We couldn't navigate Dupont Circle AT ALL...Kudos to folks who live in that area because it just seemed confusing to me. Our hotel was in nearby Virgina so we parked the car and hopped on the train to go see a few monuments at night.

Then we stopped by the famous Ben's Chili Bowl, I don't remember exactly what part of DC this was in, and it was bangin'. We both had chili dogs and shared a large vat of chili cheese fries...I was in love!!
The next day we hit up the Air & Space Museum where we geeked out royally...we even did flight simulators...it was geekdom personified...

 
I definitely don't meet the height or weight requirements for the stewardess job...lol

We had such a great time getting away from it all for a few days. To cap it all off we found out that we are PREGNANT again! We're cautiously optimistic as usual. It's weird because we sort of feel like we're waiting for the other shoe to drop so we really haven't gotten too excited  :-(

Trying to keep my FAITH intact and think somewhat positive thoughts...

4 comments:

  1. After reading the title I came straight to the bottom!!!! Yayayayayayaayayaya! Sending positive vibes of awesomeness your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HHAHA!!! Thank you Bek!! we're 5 weeks now and I'm trying not to eat myself into a stupor. Send like a gazillion positive vibes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I hope everything goes well! You guys look like you had a great time on the trip. I wish I could travel more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Miranda!!! Travel is great stress relief :-)

    ReplyDelete