Thursday, May 15, 2014

30 weeks/Nursery Nook Changes


30 weeks!! Can you tell I had 2 hours of sleep last night??
EH and I visited with our alternate Ob/Gyn today and she seemed nice. We'll probably be seeing her a few more times before D-day so I'm hoping I'll get more comfortable with the idea of her cutting into me in 7 weeks.

Meanwhile, yours truly was up most of the night because W decided she wanted to do a Tae Bo class in my uterus. My best friend talked about this happening with my godson but I don't think I really believed that a child moving around could keep you up at night. Needless to say, I was WRONG!

Nursery Nook Redux

Sooooooo...I was taking a look at my rather ambitious plans for the nursery nook and decided to scrap some of it. I'm getting bigger and slower and I don't think I have the patience to cut out all those pieces to make the garland. I was snooping around Pinterest and came across this cool idea:

DIY Gold Polka Dot Wall using vinyl decals from @Matty Chuah House of Smiths (The House of Smiths)  - thegoldensycamore.com
It goes with my original light blue and gold color scheme, it's removable and it's super cheap! I'm thinking of just getting some gold contact paper from amazon and doing this treatment on the wall area next to our bed. I think it'll add some fun to the nook without going totally overboard. I 'm also going to add some wooden initials for W's "real" name on that wall as well. I worked on some new beachy blue and gold art that is living on the adjacent wall:


These were 11 x 14 canvases from an Art store that were on sale. I reused the same colors I used for the art in the living room.
So my newest version of the nursery nook will end up looking something like this:



I ended up placing my large scale art over the changing table. It's lighter than a mirror and I made sure it was secure to the wall so I feel safe with it there.


I wish the pictures came out a little better so I could show how happy the wall is! It was a gloomy day :-(
 
So.....W's nook is coming along well but sadly the space above our bed is very, very sad. I'm thinking of getting some kind of cheap mirror at ikea or somewhere to add above it with some black and white wedding pictures of us alongside.

Sunburst mirror above bed. Master bedroom built ins. Bookshelves. Taupe and blue color scheme.
Pinterest.com; Something like this but I'm not married to this particular mirror...

 I don't know when this will actually happen...maybe sometime in June?? Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Your baby is sticking out!!!!!! You're looking fabulous! I love all of your projects.

    Ms. W is just preparing you for the future. Sleep really isn't that cool anyway. I promise. Or at least that's what I like to tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! She's definitely sticking out!! Thank you, dear. I actually lost a few pounds at my last appt to my surprise....been stuffing my face with lots of cheese and shrimp. I know I'm just being prepared for future sleepless nights with W but it sure is annoying!

    ReplyDelete