Tuesday, June 17, 2014

34 weeks/ Final Baby Shower/Ocean City Birthday Fun!



34 weeks! EH and I are looking sharp and I'm wearing some wedges that didn't last the day.

I'm totally behind in my posts, ya'll! But to be fair, we were pretty busy this week. Warning: this will be a photo heavy post because of the sheer number of things that were done this past week.

Baby Shower

EH and I rode up to Westchester for our final baby shower. It really was a great time. The best part was being able to see a good amount of my family members and laughing at their Jamaican antics, which EH and I love to do :-)

My family was determined to stuff me full of food during this event. I indulged in as much as I could, roast breadfruit, Ackee and Saltfish (the Jamaican national dish), Ox-tail, rice and peas, potato salad, escoveitch fish (seasoned fried fish with peppers and onions) and some slamming ginger lemonade that my mother's boyfriend made.

I sat for so many pictures for my dad and my mother's boyfriend(who have the same name by the way...) I felt like a model. I got all of these pics from my mother's boyfriend because though my dad takes a billion pictures at every event....no one ever sees them because he doesn't know how to upload them to the computer and send them out.

EH is quite happy in this pic! This is the perfect example of his "gleeful" face.
My lil bro Chris made me this cool photo collage of my childhood that now hangs in our entryway. I love it!! The little baby pic in the middle looks just like Miss W.
Here's my mom cutting the cake and taking it very seriously...she gave me some parenting books as part of my shower gifts, which I thought was ironic but que sera sera, forgiveness is on the agenda these days.
This cake was absolutely delicious and gorgeous!!
This is about 1/4 of the whole family and it's a bunch of folks. This is the first time all my brothers have been in the same place at the same time. I love these people!!

Ocean City


A few days later, EH and I hopped in the car and drove to Ocean City, MD for some much needed rest and relaxation! We were also celebrating my 33rd birthday. It made me all kinds of reflective considering what a low place we were in just a year ago. Oh, and we finally bought a camera so we could take decent pictures!!


We went to an awesome local restaurant where I stuffed my face with grilled scallops and cheese grits...yeah buddy! This restaurant had the best water I've ever tasted or maybe it was the jar I was drinking it out of. I'm convinced that we have to own a few of these jars.

Blowing out the candles on my "surprise" birthday slice of cookie dough cheesecake. I was so stuffed I couldn't really finish it.


Our room had a great view of the beach and the boardwalk from our balcony. I rarely went out on it because I'm not a big fan of heights. That is a beach cover up I'm wearing, not a moo-moo as it appears to be. LOL! I've started to wear my rings around my neck since my fingers and feet have been swelling lately. It feels very strange not having them on my fingers to the point where I have a mini-freakout at least once a week thinking I've lost them.




Another goal of the trip was to take some halfway decent maternity photos! We never got around to getting professional pictures taken and decided that we would save that cash to have professional pics taken of Miss W after she's born. EH played photographer and boy did he do an excellent job. We were both a little iffy about how they would turn out but there were so many beautiful shots and I can't wait to hang them up in the nook.




We spent most of the mini-vacation eating, drinking fruity non-alcoholic beverages and lazing around on the beach...which is basically bliss to me.

We took a little time to visit Assateague Island national park /nature preserve where we were told we could see some wild horses but we didn't see them until we were driving home so , whomp-whomp, no pics of the wild horses.


We walked by this touch and see exhibit inside the visitor's center and I dared EH to pick up this wild crab. He totally took me up on it but then promptly dropped it. Good times!!


The preserve was really just amazingly beautiful...



How cute is this little cabin??

Ocean City has like a gazillion mini-golf courses and we knew we couldn't leave without playing through at least one. EH has mini-golfed before but this was my first time doing it and we have never had so much fun.


We totally spanked this course!


We had an awesome time this past week..so much in fact that we've decided to go back every summer! It's relatively inexpensive and there are so many things to do for adults and kids..two thumbs way up!

No comments:

Post a Comment