Friday, January 17, 2014

Wings and Thangs!


Hello Folks!

I'm currently enthralled by Top Chef episodes....I really love watching shows about food and imagining how the dishes taste. Last night I ate a whole lobster and it was delicious. And then a few days before that I had some spicy buffalo wings....Lord, those were sooooo good!!! I've discovered that if I'm craving a certain food, I can eat the whole plate with no problem but if I'm not really feeling it, I can eat a couple of forkfuls.

Lots has been going on in our neck of the woods even though it's been just the two of us. We've been hiding out since the beginning of our pregnancy, waiting for the right time to tell friends and family. We're a little paranoid, given our history, so we wanted to wait until we were safely ensconced in the 2nd trimester before spilling the beans. We're like in our 4th month now. My due date is between July 22-25, 2014. I'm pretty confused about the whole thing because they go by the baby's measurement and I'm going by my LMP because it makes me feel like I've gotten further along. Next month, on EH's birthday, is when we'll be telling friends and family.

We're meeting up with some friends from our old church next weekend for dinner and fellowship which prompted a trip to the mall to buy something that would hide my new, ahem, girth. I'm really looking forward to being with people other than EH but anxious about hiding the bump...which is really bloat that looks like a bump. I also hate lying...even if by omission. How do I explain the weight gain....my gigantic tatas...and round, cone-shaped stomach? I dunno.  And these are women that have had babies so it's not like they don't know what a pregnant woman looks like. God bless EH because he trekked with me to the big girl store that I love at the mall so that I can find something sufficiently camouflaging. Now I'm worried that I'll get bigger by the time dinner rolls around and it will have all been for naught. I may have to get myself one of those belly wrap things just to calm things down a bit.  But the top is super cute....

While we were out looking for camouflage I bought two pairs of maternity jeans which were on sale (score!) at Old Navy. They feel so lovely and soft. I wish I could wear maternity pants all the time. I still haven't bought many maternity tops. I probably won't be hitting up the usual suspects, like motherhood maternity, etc. because I just don't think it's necessary.  I'd rather just hit up the plus size section at Conway, a discount store here in NY, so I can get some flowy things that can be belted if necessary.

EH took the week off from work so we've been hanging out and having a good time. He doesn't do this often because every time he does, his staff acts the fool, and he ends up having to check in anyway. I surprised him with tickets to see the Knicks at Madison Square Garden this past Monday and it was a great gift. He kept looking at the tickets and rubbing them fondly when I brought them out Sunday night. The actual game was great. He got to yell and scream at the players and our seats weren't bad for the price.

I obviously took a bad, eyes closed, pic here but he was supposed to be giving an angry face because they had missed some shots...or something like that  


Now, I'm not that big of a sports fan. Although I've been watching a lot of football and basketball lately because EH has been hoggin' the TV a lot these days. He's a little OCD and tends to fixate on things for periods of time and then he discards them for a new interest. Right now he's fixated on sports and sports talk radio, which he wasn't nearly as interested in when we first met. So, of course, with my luck the game drifted into double overtime and I hadn't had my nap that day so, yeah, I was miserable and tired and hungry. But I sucked it up and took one for the team! It was a great night and it was so nice to see EH so happy :-) His only complaint was that the cheerleaders were a) too skinny and b) didn't dance......- _____  -......this from a man who said Beyonce was looking real "loose" when we watched the Drunk in Love video, which I love by the way.

A couple of days ago we went for our NT scan at the Perinatologist and got new pictures of "the Whelp" or "Whelpie", formerly known as "Fish." We were calling the baby "Fish" and then EH started calling it the Whelp and it stuck. We were both reading the Game of Thrones books a while ago and we loved the way children were referred to as whelps....but I digress.

Whelpie wasn't moving around as much as he/she did at our last appt because I hadn't had a chance to eat before the appt. The ultrasound tech kindly informed me that I needed to eat before the appt and I instantly felt like a bad mom even though she totally didn't mean it that way.

That's an arm at the top of the picture. It took a while to get a good picture because Whelpie was hungry and wasn't really feelin' it.

That's a foot! Isn't it the cutest foot you've ever seen, like in your LIFE???!! LOL

Speaking of Whelpie, we've decided that we're going to find out if the baby is a boy or girl. We figure we've waited this long to have a viable baby, why keep ourselves in that much suspense?? I feel totally weird about posting these pictures because my crazy mind thinks I'll jinx it but I took a deep breath and did it anyway! My best friend keeps telling me I have to celebrate the little things and I'm taking her advice.

2 comments:

  1. Whelpie!!!! You have the most awesome foot I've ever seen on an ultrasound! It's simply the best foot ever!

    Old Navy is the best. Or just bigger things from LB, whatever makes you happy and comfortable.

    Eating does help. I like to think it's because of all of the musical goodness they hear on the inside, like they have to bust a move. Or - sugar. Celebrate every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah....I'm cool with shopping for clothes for me but I CAN'T WAIT to shop for baby things!

    ReplyDelete