Friday, February 21, 2014

17 weeks!

I'm feeling so grateful these days! So many wonderful things have happened that I've lapsed in writing about them. Does that ever happen to you? I'm so focused on enjoying these experiences that I've neglected to document them. Which is not great because I'm definitely one of those people that needs to be reminded of my blessings on a regular basis. Bear with me as I upload a few posts that are long overdue!

**********
    
The whelp at 17 weeks! This is my favorite pic so far...  

























17 Weeks
 
EH and I visited with the Perinatologist  to complete the AFP (alpha-fetoprotein) test, which turned out perfectly normal, thank God! All other testing has turned out normal as well, so far. The tech asked if we would like to find out the sex and we were excited like a kid at Christmas to find out who would be joining our family.

 
Yep! It's a GIRL!!! SCREAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

I am beyond excited because I've always harbored dreams of raising a little girl but it was so nice to see that EH was just as excited and emotional as I was when the news was revealed. It seemed that we said the name we had chosen for a girl at least 50 times during that appointment. It sounded so good to have that name leave our lips. At first glance I swore she looked like me but the longer I look, the more I see EH.

The whelp was hungry again during this appointment because I didn't get a chance to eat as much food as I would have liked. We watched as she repeatedly hit herself on the head trying to find her mouth with her little fist. And once again, mama felt bad. :-(  I gotta get better at feeding myself.

17 weeks...note my chic head scarf
I popped at 17 weeks. It was so weird because one day I was fat and the next day I was pregnant. Ha! We have held off on taking weekly pictures out of fear but I'm happy to say that we're coming out of that fog. We continue to listen to her with our doppler everyday and so far have had no problem finding her each time. I've limited myself to twice a day--once in the morning when I wake up and once before bed. I can't say enough how much it puts me at ease to hear that heartbeat thumping away. 

On the way home, EH and I daydreamed aloud about what we thought the whelp would be like; what would she look like? what would her personality be? What would her voice sound like? So many things to look forward to.

2 comments:

  1. Look at your belly!!!!!! Hey little mama whelpie!!!!

    I've been stalking your blog. If I knew where you lived I would've been in your bushes (in the most non threatening way possible, lol). I'm so excited for you all!!!

    Just !!!!!! in general! yay! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! We are too, too happy right now! I'm nesting harder than ever!

    ReplyDelete