Monday, April 1, 2013

I Have a Perfectly Good Child at Home


I'm watching HGTV as I write this post. HGTV is one version of crack for me...the other is Pinterest.

Anyway, had a hilarious conversation with El Hubster last night that I couldn't wait to share. Keep in mind that he is a 32-year-old man.

EH: (in 3 year old whiny boy voice) Sweetie, look at this.
Me: What is it?
EH: (still in whiny voice) Just look at it.
Me: (rolls eyes) Ok, what is it?
EH: Look.

I notice he has a bruise on top of his forehead, no doubt from scratching his head like it's going out of style.

Me: You scratched that didn't you? What did I tell you about scratching your head like that? You're scratching too hard. Don't do that?
EH: What does it look like?
Me: It looks like a bump or a cut.
EH: I want you to pop it.
Me: No, we don't need to pop it. Go put some neosporin on it or something.
EH: But I want you to pop it.
Me: I'm not popping it.
EH: (picks up cell phone) Here, take a picture of it.
Me: Why?
EH: Because I wanna see it.
Me: Why do you need to see it?
EH: Because I want to.

I've been around the block with this dude on his various ailments and knew I wouldn't win the battle to not take a picture. I spend 5 minutes trying to take a picture of the boil/bump/cut on his head.

Me: Ok, here (shows him photo)
EH: Why is there so much skin showing...am I going bald?
Me: Um, yeah. You've been going bald for a while.
EH: No, I'm not.
Me: Yes you are, honey. Your dad is bald. You're gonna go bald in exactly the same way.
EH: (quietly)I hate you.
Me: I hate you too.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds exactly like my husband, right down to the bald head! lol And why do they always want you to pop a bump? Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Men can never come to terms with reality until it's staring them in the face :-)

    ReplyDelete