Here's my list of 50 Interesting Things...I think...maybe...Ha!
|This is me in a really big chair...carry on|
1. My struggle with infertility has revealed creativity and strength I never knew I possessed and I'm grateful for that gift.
2. I'm intimidated by large glasses of water or too much of a type of food on a plate.
3. I only have one best female friend.
4. I'm very outgoing but very few people know the real me.
5. I suffer from sleep paralysis when I don't get enough sleep or am under extreme stress. My brain is awake and active but I can't move my body or speak.
6. I have a sarcastic sense of humor.
7. I have an eclectic taste in music...I listen to EVERYTHING.
8. I'm a pop culture junkie.
9. Sometimes I walk down the street like I'm in a music video when I'm listening to music. I'm sure it looks very strange.
10. I love books that are a part of a series...Twilight, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, the Hunger Games.
11. In college I worked as a writing tutor and a library clerk.
12. I studied Italian as my language in college.
13. When I was a kid I had dreams of singing and dancing on Broadway. I took voice and dance lessons as a child.
14. I LOVE any movie/show that has dance in it...ballroom dancing, Step Up movies, So You Think You Can Dance. The only one I won't watch is Dancing with the Stars.
15. I took a solo trip to Rome, Florence and Venice when I was 26. I would love to visit Australia, New Zealand and Bali.
16. I've started and abandoned writing a few books and once had a book deal for a young adult novel that fell through. I need to get back on that!
17. I love action/disaster movies and romances.
18. I'm afraid of roller coasters.
19. I don't polish my nails because I hate the look of chipped nails.
20. One of my favorite TV shows is Supernatural.
21. I studied at Spelman College during an exchange program in college. One of the best esteem building experiences I've ever had.
22. I taught myself how to swim on vacation when I was 17.
23. My favorite sports in the summer Olympics are diving and gymnastics. In the winter Olympics, figure skating.
24. I was hit by a car when I was 12 and broke my right arm.
25. I'm seriously nearsighted and have astigmatism. I wear my glasses everyday, all day and wore contacts for the first time during the week of my wedding. I haven't worn contacts since my wedding day.
26. Only my husband knows about my blog.
27. When I met my husband I didn't know anything about where his family was from..the Dominican Republic. I was born in Montego Bay, Jamaica and emigrated when I was 4.
28. I was a Spanish scholar in high school but can barely communicate well in Spanish with my in-laws or my husband.
29. I started jogging/running to combat/control my depression.
30. I love decorating my house but don't have the motivation to follow fashion.
31. I majored in journalism in college and worked as a magazine writer for two years after college before switching to medical advertising and communications.
32. I'm a big believer in self-help and have seen four therapists in my life so far at different points.
33. I like eating more than I like cooking.
34. I love seafood, especially lobster and sushi.
35. I'm a news junkie. I watch CNN and Al Jazeera America all day.
36. I met my husband on MySpace.
37. I don't know how to drive.
38. I have a masters degree in social work.
39. I take the lead in home improvement projects. I love putting furniture together. I think I was a construction foreman in my past life.
40. I have a photographic memory.
41. I have a black thumb. I've never been able to keep a plant alive.
42. I'm only 5 feet tall.
43. I was bullied in middle school.
44. I was my high school valedictorian.
45. I won a borough-wide spelling bee in middle school.
46. I'm a Gemini.
47. I'd like to think that I do things on a whim but I'm really a planner.
48. I have trouble making decisions because I tend to overanalyze things.
49. I'm really, really, really bad at any kind of advanced math and rely on my husband to measure and calculate things. I didn't learn how to read an analog clock until I was 12 and dread playing any game that has to do with money, like Monopoly, which I haven't played since I was a child.
50. I love animals.